Unfavorable Distro-Watch Report

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Feb 5 22:18:53 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 19:53 +0100, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On 2/5/07, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > > Are there any plans for 22x22 at least ??
> >
> > What's the problem with using 24x24?
>
> There will be no icon on any kde toolbar.

So this sounds like a bug with Qt/KDE or perhaps rather the way Qt/KDE
is packaged for Fedora; I'm pretty sure Matthias told me that KDE can be
configured to use 24x24 instead of 22x22. It certainly sounds wasteful
to include both 22x22 and 24x24

 a) on-disk footprint (think live CD); and

 b) in-memory footprint; and

 c) lots of more work for artists (it's not as simple as just scaling
    them in a batch; good icons requires manual fixup / changes at such
    small resolutions)

So I think Qt/KDE, or the Fedora packaging needs to be fixed instead and
I don't think it's that hard. Chitlesh, any chance you can look into
this? Thanks.

       David