Including artwork from older releases

Ben Arnold ben.arnold.inbox at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 14:14:51 UTC 2007

On 23/02/07, Kelly <lightsolphoenix at gmail.com> wrote:
> I imagine that'd be of use to to those who are running earlier versions as
> well (using the new artwork in the old versions is a MAJOR pain, as I found
> out personally).

The RHGB image may be a reminder to which version you are actually
using raher than a user saying, "the one with the bubbles," or
suchlike.

> [...] Since we already have a rule about
> not including version numbers in the current release, can we continue to
> including the older themes in subsequent three releases or something
> like that?

Maybe the packages could be something like fedora-artwork-v3-0.421,
the v3 being the release it has come from. It would need to all have
different names, such as 'default-fc6.jpg' for the wallpapers, so they
do not overwrite each other.

If it's easy enough it's well worth doing, nice little package for an extra.

--
       ..// seawolf //..
          Ben  Arnold

    fedora core  :  artwork