artTeam Liaison Volunteer

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 22:45:40 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 10:34 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> John Baer wrote:
> > MairinDuffy
> > <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MairinDuffy?action=fullsearch&value=linkto%3A%22MairinDuffy%22&context=180>
> > aka Mo :) has volunteered to be the artTeam liaison and I believe she is
> > an excellent candidate for the position.
>
> Actually, I volunteered for team lead.
>
> According to your diagram, I would be totally inappropriate for liaison
> as I've no association with the RH desktop team.

Yes, and I'd caution against bandying these terms about until the
contributors have shown they want to use them.  I would think there
could be separate contact points for different groups -- some people
will naturally have an affinity for working well with one group or
another.  It could be that the contact point is a crossover person with
a foot in both groups.

I would offer the observation that, while broad organization is a must,
declaring too many formal roles with not enough contributors to fill
them is sometimes counterproductive.  That's not to say the ideas on
John's page aren't good, but we haven't heard from many of the folks
here on the list what they think about the ideas.