artTeam Home Page Mockup

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Feb 28 00:19:07 UTC 2007

Hey John,

John Baer wrote:
> All,
>
> I could not be more delighted by the discussion taking place and I want
> to add an additional item to the discussion and that is a mock up of the
> team wiki home page.
>
> It currently resides in my personal sandbox but if it this is heading in
> the desired direction of the team I would like to move it. Please view
> this as a starting point.

On the whole, I think the goals and objectives you've got on here are
pretty much right on (with some holes I will fill in), but I kind of
agree with Paul's [1] sentiment that in terms of roles on the team, this
introduces a little bit too much structure for a small, fledgling team.

For now, considering some of our recent *ahem* issues, I think it's
probably a smart idea to avoid the default artwork for Fedora (the OS
distro). It has already been decided that it cannot be part of a
community project, so it really has nothing to do with this list and
should not be a project under this team. This eliminates the need for a
liaison with the Desktop team. (I do not think that putting together an
extra theme package for (the artist formerly known as) extras requires
working with Desktop team at all, although we will need someone with
some packaging experience to help us put it together.)

I kind of think all we really need is an overall team leader or two of
the loosely coupled subgroups who can do project management
(communication, schedules, deadlines, milestones, project
prioritization, etc). Since the Fedora project definition process [2]
suggests starting out as a SIG first and then giving status reports and
sort of applying to become an official project, this status
report/application process also seems like something that should be a
task the team lead handles.

I don't think small subgroups like a 'documentation team' or 'marketing
team' really need formal leads/liasons; if they grow big enough to
warrant it I should hope leaders would naturally emerge.

Does this seem reasonable?

~m

[1]
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2007-February/msg00207.html