Flying High with Fedora 7

Uno Engborg uno at webworks.se
Mon Feb 5 02:25:43 UTC 2007

John Baer wrote:
> All,
>
> I hope I am not wallpapering all of you to death but IMO it is critical
> to get the wall paper correct. Struggling with the direction *monolith*
> idea I decided to try something from my original thoughts and the hot
> air balloons in the clouds.
>
> Given the chance to start over I also decided to *lighten* the colors as
> requested early on. The theme is not a bold as the *monolith* thread but
> it works.
>
> I welcome your comments.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/FC7Themes/Fc7ThemeProposalFlyingHighRound2
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

The clouds wallpaper looks VERY good. Almost no small details that could
hide icons. Yet, enough
detail  to provide landmarks to memorize icon positions. It's lighter
this means less contrasts between
the desktop and document windows that usually are light in color. This
means less strain on the
eyes.  And above all, it looks beautiful and discrete in the same time.

Now it would be nice if the lighter blue color of the "Clouds" wallpaper
could rub off on other
parts of the GUI, e.g. such as login screen.

Regards
Uno Engborg