go-home echo icon concept

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Feb 16 13:28:31 UTC 2007

Martin Sourada wrote:
> I folowed the guidlines and there is said: "The shadow is formed by
> lines from the isometric grid. It is appears primarily behind the
> object; as well as a bit in front of and under the object. Do not to use
> black, as it is too harsh and does not scale well...dark gray is
> acceptable."

Of course not *solid* black. I think the intention is to use black with
a degree of transparency, which look gray, at least this is what the
other icon sets (for example Tango) do.

> Do you think, that using black with transparency would be better than
> using dark-grey without transparency (save for the blur effect which
> adds transparency, of course)?

Definitely the shadow must have transparency, be it transparent black or
transparent dark gray as the icon can be shown against a colored or
textured background and it will look smooth only with transparency.

> And yes, it would be good to document the certain values on wiki. But we
> must first decide which ones are the best...

The eternal question (see the "Artwork conversation" thread): who has
the power to define those values? We have to wait for Diana?

--
nicu