alternate logo

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Feb 22 12:56:52 UTC 2007

Paul W. Frields wrote:

> The
> frustration that some of the community members have expressed is
> understandable, and we've tried to carry your concerns to all the
> parties involved.  But unfortunately, we haven't been completely
> successful, and to make a long story short, we've had to concede the
> default release theme work to the Desktop group inside Red Hat.

The main leverage used by the RH Desktop Team to kick us out was the
fear that the community will incorrectly use the trademarks and the logo
[1] so I call the people unhappy with this policy at a brainstorm to
create an *alternate* logo and use it in our *alternative* works and
produce better desktop theming  which I hope will please the users and
shame RHDT.

[1] -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2007-01-16?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fedora-board-20070116.txt

--