Sound effects issues

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at laposte.net
Fri Jan 5 22:45:36 UTC 2007

Le vendredi 05 janvier 2007 à 14:00 -0800, Luya Tshimbalanga a écrit :
> Some desktops users notice Fedora does not have its own sound effect
> theme because it use the generic theme from Gnome. I wonder if there is
> a sound artist willing to develop a sound theme for Fedora.
>
> I also wonder if there is a possibility to support .ogg and .flac for
> the sound effects as the current version only use .wav.

I read on somewhere mailing list about FC6 that it was something people
do not want, as it can't please everybody.

I find this argument rather strange as even a wallpaper can't make every
people happy and we are shipping a distro with a customed wallpaper as
well.

I think however that it is a good idea to improve fedora's own
personality.

--
Thomas Canniot
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ThomasCanniot