GDM themes/face browser

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jan 12 13:38:55 UTC 2007

John Baer wrote:

> I posted my completed GDM login package to
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/FC7Themes/Fc7ThemeProposalFlyingHighRound2
>
> for your consideration.

Speaking of GDM, the plan[1] for Fedora 7 is to use Fast User Switching
with GDM face browser by default, so:
- I think we should talk about this, to be sure how it will look (Ubuntu
people are talking about 3D effects with AIGLX[2])
- start making GDM theme mockups and themes with a face browser
- think if we need additional faces (there are some in
/usr/share/pixmaps/faces/ not sure if those are enough/original/pretty)

Or maybe the face browser will not be ready for the release and we don't
have to worry about it, but if we expect to have a face browser, there
is a lot of work for it.

[1] - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureFastUserSwitching
[2] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FaceBrowserLogin

--