Flying High Preview 2 Started

John Baer baerjj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 17:30:56 UTC 2007

All,

I started a Preview 2 wiki page with revised images which I hope addresses
many of the comments from the forum poll. The end tally was 96 responses and
the  vote was split 50/50 between "Ok or great" and "Not for me".

The things I believe the folks who voted "not for me" were looking for are
as follows ...

1. A 3-D'ish design (many liked FC6)

2. More polish

In addition, I read between the lines (my perception only) many of the "not
for me" folks were looking for a bolder statement. They were not thrilled by
the flat wallpaper (too conservative).

Some asked what the default icon theme was going to be as they picked up on
the tango icons used in the mock ups. I assume the status quot (?).

One issue I did not address in preview 2 is the dark color (About the same
as FC6). Although it was not my intent to go dark blue it is just how it
worked out as I needed something dark to paint the clouds mist against. On
the computers I tested (CRT & LCD), the color works well.

At this point I need guidance in any additional changes to be made. All
suggestions and/or comments are welcomed.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFlyingHighPreview2

Cheers,

John