F8 Theme [Other Stuff]

Kelly lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 04:01:49 UTC 2007

On Friday, July 06, 2007 8:45 pm Leo wrote:
> On 05/07/2007, Kelly wrote:
> > I mean, the capabilities of the graphical boot system are present in
> > the Linux kernel itself
>
> Is this true? In which version of kernel?

I can't name off a specific kernel version, but I know that other distros
(notably openSUSE and Mandriva) perform graphical boot using stuff directly
in the kernel instead of a separate program.

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/SuSE+10.2+Lizard+Bootsplash?content=53507 -
This is the one I used to use.  It uses mkinitrd to load the images
somehow...

A few seconds later:  Okay, I found the site for it.  The patch isn't part of
the official kernel, so I was incorrect when I said it was.  Though I still
imagine it'd be faster and easier to use the kernel itself to do graphical
boot than to use a separate program to do so.

Anyway, the site is here:  http://www.bootsplash.org/