round 1 deadline approaching

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jul 9 06:28:37 UTC 2007

Mark wrote:

> sadly i pull out of the theming "battle" for Fedora 8.
> My theme was MageFedoraTheme (not registered on the wiki).

The "battle" is not for widget (GTK+) themes but for graphics
(backgrounds, splashes)

> - And last of all. I want to see where redhat is in a few months. And
> recent rumors about talks with Microsoft don't really motivate me to
> continue.

Ok, the Art list is not the place to flame about this, but I believe you
are referring to the talk where RH said something along the lines "we
won't talk with MS about intellectual property" -

> If anyone wants my sources (.psd photoshop ... (yes i know, no oss
> software) files.) Mail me privately on this mail and i will send them
> to you.

Well, it does not do it perfectly, but GIMP can open .psd files pretty well.