The process is confusing, the red tape frustrating.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 9 21:33:20 UTC 2007

John Baer wrote:

> I find it frustrating working in an environment shadowed by legal fine
> print and constant legal warnings (ie. By hitting Save Changes you put
> your changes under the WikiLicense. If you don't want that, hit Cancel
> to cancel your changes). I have not run across this disclosure on any
> other wiki.

It is present in many wikis including wikipedia and they have similar
rules on using material under various copyright licenses. Go ahead and
look for yourself. You might find it frustrating but even if you ignore
the legal sceneario (which you really can't) attribution is considered
basic courtesy.

Rahul