The process is confusing, the red tape frustrating.

John Baer baerjj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 16:26:17 UTC 2007

On 7/9/07, M?ir??n Duffy wrote:

Even though I am not a lawyer I feel the language is pretty clear. Also,
> I do not believe the practice of using other's work without citing it,
> even if it's scratch work, in a public forum is really acceptable just
> out of respect for other artists, you know? Even here when we build on
> each other's work I've noticed we've been very good about stating whose
> works we built upon. I think it's a good practice even outside of the
> fact that the CLA requires it, honestly.
>
> ~m

Ok, fair enough ...

However, how would you or I know if the artwork is original? Is it safe to
assume it is unless otherwise stated?

I would never blast you the way Nicu blasted me, but I assume the photo's on
your submission are yours as you have not made a statement of attribution.

Do you need to? ;)

Finally, wouldn't these rules apply to all forms of artwork?

John