Good News On the Fedora 8 Theme & Decisions

Luya Tshimbalanga luya_tfz at thefinalzone.com
Fri Jul 27 21:51:24 UTC 2007

Quoting Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com>:
> - F8 default icon theme:
>
> Another decision we have to make is if we are comfortable with Echo
> being the default for F8, and how complete we would require Echo to be
> before it can be set as the default. Echo is not actually on the
> proposed feature list [1] for F8, however. This may be an issue in
> getting it into F8; I'm not sure. Would we be happy with Mist for
> another release? Do we agree the Echo is the right direction to head in?
> (I have some definite concerns here but would like to hear from you
> folks before outlining them.)

I am working on it despite my heavy schedule. Echo icons will move to a better
host (hosted.fedoraproject.org)[1] that virtually eliminate some quirks like
echo-pull. I also let access to my art directory under
luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo so artwork team members can add their new
created icons. I have included all modified SVG I made months ago due to
librsvg2 issue, there are some icons that need to be fixed but I cannot do all
these tasks alone due to time constraint in school and work.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Fedora Project contributor