[Fedora 8 theme proposal] Fedora Nodoka Round 1

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Sat Jul 7 13:50:45 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-07 at 15:27 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> The big problem with the murrine engine is it does not honour colour
> preferences like a well-behaved theme.

Do you mean the colours that can be set at theme details -> colours tab?
They work if theme implements them, not the engine. Nodoka is done so
that it take effect if you change them.

However, if there is a desire and enough time (and people work) we can
make a Nodoka engine to fit our needs better. I myself am not 100 %
content with the murrine engine and would like to have some styles
murrine engine probably does not support. I've also found an interesting
engine which has the same effect on tabs I had in the mockups [1]. Maybe
we can finish what we can with murrine engine, than derive a nodoka
engine from it and gradually rewrite it to fit our needs. Your opinions?

Martin