Fedora Nodoka Theme Proposal

Daniel Geiger dgeiger_343 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 03:24:10 UTC 2007

As for the Nodoka gtk theme clocking much more slowly than the current default, I should mention that the Murrine theme engine for whatever reason does not operate well when there are more than, say, 2 or 3 instances loaded into memory.  I have revised the gtkrc back down to only 2 instances of the engine.
Also, I have made a Nodoka fork of the Murrine theme engine.  With the Nodoka theme engine, I hope to create a theme engine that has a distinct Nodoka look, but to have the same level of configurability of Murrine.
I also think the Metacity theme needs a good deal of work yet, if the buttons are going to be together, and support all layouts.  I'll try to post the Nodoka theme engine source code, with the other Nodoka theme revisions I've been making.

Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at seznam.cz> wrote: Hi all,

I put together a official, non-personal Nodoka theme wiki page [1]. You
can get most info there, also if you wish to test the theme, it's the
right place. RPM package is included. I made a new mockup of how I would
like it to look and compared it on the wiki with the current look. I
hope to have the official branch of Nodoka theme there. Comments are
welcome.

Plus, if you are making your modifications of the Nodoka theme which
you'd like to include please name your theme differently
(nodoka-branch_name is recommended) because from now on it will be
considered different branch to avoid confusion and ease the development
- e.g. you could have the nodoka theme installed, while tweaking
nodoka-branch_name theme.

Thanks,
Martin