Good News On the Fedora 8 Theme & Decisions

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 00:54:53 UTC 2007

Daniel Geiger wrote:
> Several thoughts:
>
> The Echo icon theme doesn't seem to me like it would work as the F8
> default icon theme unless used with the Nodoka theme; the Echo icons
> somehow seem immature otherwise.  So, I guess I would see Echo having a
> dependence on Nodoka, actually.  I think Echo + Nodoka would work quite
> well, if the Echo icon theme is made complete enough.  I also don't see
> any need to change the default Bluecurve mouse cursor theme.

It appears you've literally an rpm dependency in the
nodoka-theme-gnome-0.3.1.1-1.fc7.noarch.rpm rpm....

[duffy at yuna Desktop]$ sudo rpm -Uvh
nodoka-theme-gnome-0.3.1.1-1.fc7.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
         echo-icon-theme is needed by
nodoka-theme-gnome-0.3.1.1-1.fc7.noarch

I think that should be removed then?