Good News On the Fedora 8 Theme & Decisions

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jul 27 07:20:36 UTC 2007

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I just heard from members of the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee
> (FESCo) that our team has been granted the authority to make decisions
> on all Fedora artwork. What this means is that we will be able to
> determine the default set of artwork and themes for Fedora 8. So, yay!

This is great.

> Now, this also means we do have some decisions to make:
>
> - F8 default theme engine:

I don't have a strong feeling either way: I just installed Nodoka (and
made the blue a little less bright) and it look decent. Maybe a bit
slower, but I have to use it more before drawing any conclusion.
It fit OK the Myst icon theme, so no problem on that front.

Thinking more, I am a supporter of having a Fedora specific flavor, so I
am inclined *for* using Nodoka.

> - F8 default icon theme:

I think Echo is not complete enough for a default (and I am not sure it
is the right way) so my option is Myst for yet another release.

OTOH, I suspect that postponing Echo yet another release as a default my
mean its definitive dismissal.