[F8 Theme Proposal] Fedora Infinity

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jul 27 07:41:12 UTC 2007

Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> So here is the experiment I sketched: take the "infinite structure"
>> image, strip it of all details and leave only the metaphor and a few
>> gradients of light and shadow, in the spirit of simplicity we talked
>> about in other designs.
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F8Themes/Infinity?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=infinite_structure.png
>
> Hey, so here's my expansion on what you did with the bridge, Nicu! (been
> a long time coming, sorry about that!) What do you think?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F8Themes/Infinity?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=infinite_structure.2_thumb.png

I like it, it is very smooth (gradients, blur and all). I also like your
selection of colors.

Maybe the center of interest may be moved a little? You know, the rule
of thirds? [1]

One thing I am still thinking of is if I like better the SVG with the
center of interest on the left or the PNG, which is mirrored to have it
on the right (one draw my focus and the other not).

On a negative tone, I had to think a few seconds before understanding
*what* the shapes represent (a structure).

A related thing I intended to try (not found the right time so far and
the time is running out) is something similar but using the tree
outlines (some very thick outlines).

[1] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds
     - http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/infinite_structure_grid.png