uploading a mascot

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Jul 31 07:31:44 UTC 2007

María Leandro wrote:

> Hi everyone!!
>
> I have a possible mascot that I would like to add to the wiki, but I
> really don't know if I should modify the wiki by myself or give my art
> to someone.

I see you already uploaded the image, which is a very good looking
image, I like it very much. Welcome!

I hope you will not mind a couple of suggestions:
- a good way to get other involved with your work is to make the sources
available, so they can easily download, tweak, modify;
- I said, I like it very much but I don't think it can work well as a
mascot:
* usually mascots are not humans
* is better for a mascot to have a simpler shape, so it can be easily
re-created by other people

This does not mean the graphic can't be used in any way, have a look at
this poster made by Mairin as an example of how I believe we can use
non-mascot graphics: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerOfCode/Posters

Being new, I will use this opportunity to introduce you a few projects
our team is working on, you may know them, other people on the list know
them (and even contributed to them):
- Design Service: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService is
an initiative for our group to act as a design firm creating graphics
for various entities inside Fedora. Its request queue has increased in
size and could use  some help;
- Desktop Themes: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F8Themes/ we are
approaching the end date for the Round 2, so the base ideas for this
cycle are defined, but we still need more feedback, adjustments, polishing.

I will also introduce you to some places where you can interact with the
community:
- Mugshot has a pretty inactive Fedora Art group
http://mugshot.org/group?who=DrZ42qVjmPWmnh but a more active general
Fedora group http://mugshot.org/group?who=qF6wdtBPcy3D8T
- deviantART is a place where many of us publish so we have there a
group: http://fedora-art.deviantart.com/
- our flickr group http://flickr.com/groups/fedora-art/ is used very
little, but if we like it, is possible to use it more.

Do I forgot something?