F8 artwork

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 17:41:08 UTC 2007

Hi Marek!

Marek Mahut wrote:
> I think it's a good idea. Why not involve schools for example? I know a
> very nice info-graphic school in Brussels, I'll drop them a mail, maybe
> they are interested to help.

This is a good idea; the one thing I am concerned about is that the
artwork is produced using FOSS tools like Inkscape, Gimp, and Blender.
When promoting the theme development process to groups outside of Fedora
as a way to get them involved in Fedora, I suggest that you emphasize
the use of FOSS tools.

Maybe this is far-fetched but I believe the artwork for Fedora should be
used as a showcase to demonstrate what can be done with the tools
available and shipped with Fedora.