F8 artwork

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jun 8 07:26:31 UTC 2007

Mark wrote:

> Hereby i present you with my first Work In Progress image:
> http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/1039/kdebattlegd6.png
>
> some explenation.
>
> - Why the orange taskbar?
> well i like to try something completely different.. it`s just a mockup
> and comments or critics are more than welcome

My personal preference is to have the panel (taskbar) transparent
(partial transparency).

> - Why the blue window bar?
> well.. fedora`s main color is blue right ^_^

I find it a little too bright.

I also noted the color gradient used wor the window border, is
techincally possible to have something like this?

> @ release scedule
> that`s tight!! and i have no theming experience in kde nor gnome at this
> moment.. o well.. i will do my best.

Keep in mind F8 is aiming for a short 5 months release schedule, so
everything is tight.
With that in perspective, I thing one month for defining some basic
concepts is OK, maybe the second milestone for polishing somehow tight
(but not impossible) and the third, another full month, for
fully-polishing enough again, at that time we should have a clear idea
and the final polishing is to a large degree mechanical.