WIP - Fedora 8 theme

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Sat Jun 9 11:29:08 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 13:12 +0200, Marek Mahut wrote:
> Ah! That's better. IMO we should keep the blue color everywhere (it's so
> nice). I don't know why but your mockups looks for me like Wista ;)

+1 It really is better and to me it resembles Vista too. Maybe if it
would be less "shiny" so that it would better fit echo than crystal
icons, it would help to avoid the Vista look? Also, I would use a little
bit different hue of blue, but the panel is currently very nice :)

> And others, what do you think? Is it ok? Do we need a new theme for F8?
> Why keep the old classic gnome theme? Why not?

Yes, we need new theme, but it's questionable whether we need it for F8
or for some later release. The old classic gnome theme is nice, but it's
not ours and does not fit very well to echo icons.

Perhaps we should create a wiki page for the theme mockups (as I have
also sketched one for metacity and others might be interested as well)?