F8 artwork

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jun 11 06:22:30 UTC 2007

Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
>
> - We could have a representative of Desktop team and a representative of
> the Fedora board to give a signoff on the final theme design, to make
> sure they agree its a proper representation of Fedora and the desktop.
> We should make sure each of these representatives is made aware of how
> we're doing along with posting our updates.
>
> Sound reasonable? Paul is already our representative to the Board I
> think; would you be willing to be the desktop liaison, Matthias?

I would like to hear from them even is just a single "+" or "-" at each
milestone, but this is the idea.

> Do you think the promo kit should come first? I was thinking that a lot
> of folks block on the disc designs, folks who are holding launch events
> and magazines and such. And the disc designs could be included in the
> promo kit.

Maybe we should hear a word about this from the people using the promo
kit and the CD labels to see if the dates are OK

>> Say instead something like "Tentacles" or "GNOME Curves" (with a
>> Fedora touch) from the default selection of wallpapers and I am sold.
>
> +1 Something along those lines with a small Fedora logo is what I was
> thinking "basic" would be.

My first reaction was like this: no matter how low is my creativity at
this particular point, I should be able to put together a few curly
stripes and an very discrete logo but then got struck by an idea: the
basic theme can be an extremely simplified and stylized shape
illustrating the base metaphor as the complex theme. For example a basic
F7 theme would be a big rounded blob (the balloon) and a few wavy
stripes (the sky).