fedora 8 artwork - deadline reminder

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Wed Jun 27 16:56:42 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 17:25 +0200, Ben Arnold wrote:
> Yep, from a photo of a A5 paper as my scanner broke :)
>
> I've quickly done a digital version whilst at college and uploaded it
> to the wiki [1] along with a PNG export to show how it should look [2]
> - I had to use Illustrator and saved as SVG, don't know if it will all
> be perfect, you see.

Hm... it's nice, but IMHO it's too much detailed... I would wash the
details out, so that icons will be easily distinguishable from the
wallpaper.

> I had a couple of hours of standing still, looking pretty [3] but I
> didn't have my sketch with me, nor an internet connection so I had to
> do it from memory. Close enough, though. The background is different
> (suggestion from a friend) and I've no giant circles (couldn't quite
> remember them) but the essence of boxes, lines etc. is there.
>
> ./b
>
> 1 - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F8ThemeAbstract
> 2 - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F8ThemeAbstract?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=LinesAndCircles1a.png
> 3 - http://www.last.fm/music/The+Wreckers/Stand+Still%2C+Look+Pretty

Your paper sketch inspired me... So I quickly drawn in Inkscape an idea
of what I'd like... It's not very nice IMHO but seems good for wallpaper
if polished... I exported 16:10 png [1] and saved 4:3 svg [2] and put
both on the wiki.

Martin