fedora 8 artwork - deadline reminder

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Mon Jun 25 14:02:47 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 15:37 +0200, Mark wrote:
> My artwork is far at this moment but i`m still wondering if making
> artwork will be good.. because with F7 the Redhat people decided to
> make the theme internal even with alot of good theme proposals. so if
> redhat plans to do this same trick again when all the proposals have
> been made than i would like to know this now because than i quit my
> theming efforts because they won`t be used anyway.

Hm... I think this discussion is about Release Dependent theme, I saw
from you only mockup od KDE and that's IMHO is not considered Release
Dependent. Are you making a wallpaper as well? If yes, I am eager to see
it, your KDE theme is so far very nice :)

> So: can you guarantee that proposals made here actually have a chance
> of being used?
> Or: we make stuff and redhat decides to make something different? (and
> thereby making our stuff useless)
>
> This might seem like annoying questions but they are important for me
> to know. and i think this is important for everyone to know. so please
> a official and public (don`t pm me with it) answer.

I don't think they'll do this again... And even if they do, your effort
wouldn't be useless. There's an ongoing effort of providing users with
alternative graphics... And actually there are a lot of people using
the wallpapers form the F7 theme contest. If your work is good it's never
useless.