Getting a better sense of community - gallery based

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Fri Mar 2 04:29:33 UTC 2007

John Baer wrote:
> You and Mo have a much better sense of this than I but in my mind if we
> don't host our own solution we lose opportunities to "promote Fedora".
> By that I mean what if the Fedora gallery became the defacto standard
> for the exchange of computer art? :)
>
> I believe the group has the talent and that would be very exciting.

I kind of think, though, this is what we had concluded about a year ago
and since the results have basically been nothing over this long
timespan, I think it's better to just admit that it is not easy to build
something like this and focus on the artwork instead. Start a community
now somewhere and hopefully migrate to a Fedora-hosted, Fedora-based
solution is probably better than to not have artwork-sharing community
at all.

As it is, some of us have been using deviantart but it's not been an
'official' channel for folks to share artwork; if we're going to have
one anyway we might as well make sure everyone knows about it and can
participate.

Does that make sense?