Request: User Image Submissions - Deadline March 15, 2007

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Mar 6 15:02:49 UTC 2007

John Baer wrote:

> Diana,
>
> Just a point of clarification on image sizes. The target size for face
> browser is 96x96px. :)
>
> In addition you would like images scaled down to 48x48px {?} and scaled
> up to (192x192, 384x384) {?}.
>
> OR
>
> Would you prefer the svg?

That is easy: for the current system, 96x96 icons are needed and thy
should be able to be scaled down to 48x48.

In a *future* version of Fedora, it may be possible to use larger images
(AFAIK, we don't have specs yet, so the target size is unknown).

As file formats, some image types work with SVG but other do not, I
believe the intention is to have as user images both drawing and photos,
to suit the tastes of as many users as possible.

Sure, is possible to make photorealistic-looking images with Inkscape,
but I challenge you to do some:
http://inkscape.org/screenshots/gallery/inkscape-0.45-cupoftea.png

--
nicu