document-page-setup or/and document-properties icon mockups.

Diana Fong dfong at redhat.com
Wed Mar 7 22:07:35 UTC 2007

Martin Sourada wrote:
> So, if everyone agree I will consider it as the one. In that case if you don't
> have any further comments I will make smaller versions and upload it to wiki.
>
> Also, what about the document-page-setup? Should we use the same icon, or one of
> the others, or do you have any idea, how it could look like?
>
> Regards,
> Martin Sourada
>
> Nicolas Mailhot napsal(a):
>
>> Le mercredi 07 mars 2007 à 20:35 +0100, Martin Sourada a écrit :
>>
>>> Oups, posted wrongly, so again the attachement.
>>>
>> I definitively like this one more than the others.

Lots of excellent work posted today for this thread.  I was a bit
skeptical about the microscope idea because it is such a complex shape,
but you seem to have pulled it off quite nicely.  I am, however, still
concerned about how the microscope idea would render in the smaller
sizes.  Perhaps in those cases, you can just use the flat microscope
shape from version 7 and 7a?  To keep consistency with your current
version, the flat microscope shape would be slightly elevated from the
page.  Just an idea...

I also would like to hear opinions about the use of the wrench or
screwdriver + hammer metaphor currently used to represent 'properties'
and 'setup' throughout the desktop, and how the use of the microscope
can cause confusion.  Perhaps it's just me.  I don't have an answer to
this, but believe that if we are to introduce the microscope in
signifying this, or a similar, action...we should clearly state, when a
wrench would be used, when the microscope would be used, etc.  Please
help clarify.

Martin, your post today on shadows, shall I include that in the Echo
Guidelines?  Did you find any of the feedback from the previous
'shadows' thread useful to include?

Thanks,
Diana Fong
----