document-page-setup or/and document-properties icon mockups.

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Fri Mar 9 21:27:45 UTC 2007

I am awfully sorry, but it I do not understand why my thunderbird puts sometimes
the attachements inline at all. So, here's the message again, hopefully ok now.

Agreed. Still, if we drop out the microscope idea, we still would have to
decide, whether to use a tool with a page or without, whether it would be cog,
wrench or screwdriver or hammer. If we use it with a page, will it be inside
(like in tango icon theme) our outside the page? Also there are two IMHO similar
icons - document-page-setup for set up page settings and document-properites to
set up/look at document properties. E.g. in tango document-page-setup is listed
in naming specs, but was never created(?), while document-properties does look
more or less what document-page-setup could look like.

I would suggest to make these two icons (slightly) different. We can adopt a
bluecurve idea for document-properties using the tool alone (I would prefer
wrench [the one with orange handle] to the other three). I think, page is not
necesarry there, since the same icon is usually used for accesing whatever file
properties, even of folders - that does not work good with page IMO. For
document-page-setup I would pick the same tool as for document-properties, but
combine it with a page. Does it make sense to you?

Also I added outlines to the #2 and #5 and their smaller versions. I think they
look better than the first version and #5 a little better than #2 IMO.

Regards,
Martin Sourada

Attachments:
[1] document-properties-2a_16.png (screwdriver, 16x16)
[2] document-properties-2a_24.png (screwdriver, 24x24)
[3] document-properties-2a_48.png (screwdriver, 48x48)
[4] document-properties-5a_16.png (wrench, 16x16)
[5] document-properties-5a_24.png (wrench, 24x24)
[6] document-properties-5a_48.png (wrench, 48x48)