Mascot

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Mar 19 15:45:21 UTC 2007

There is a very active thread going on the Marketing list [1] about the
need of a Fedora mascot and an important number of Ambassadors and
community people are in agreement about this need (see the link for
comments, ideas, proposals).

I think we, the Art Team, can come *as a community* with a nice,
friendly and cute mascot which users will love.

I will think a bit about it and lay down a page in the wiki, but in the
meantime, please come with initiatives, ideas, proposals or even
metaphors or sketches.

As for some preliminary rules, I think we need something:
- Free, so it can be used without any restriction (not even trademarks);
- lovable, this is the purpose of a mascot;
- produced by the community, it should not be someone's baby but our
community's baby.

[1] -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2007-March/msg00053.html

--