Echo icon set: preferences-system mockups

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Mon Mar 19 16:07:18 UTC 2007

Ben Arnold napsal(a):
> Those colours look great together, the screwdriver stands out so the
> focus isn't on the (bigger) monitor or PC. To me, the 16 version looks
> like it is system-display-config or something similar; might I suggest
> having the PC box included, maybe in front of the monitor, to show
> that it is the config for the whole machine?

I made three mockups with whole machine. Please see attachment. Which one is the
best? I prefer the one where the pc is on the right of the monitor [1].

> It could be useful on a personal wiki page; not only can everyone get
> to it but you can get the previous versions should any modifcations
> turn out worse! The limit is ~800kB IIRC,there has been the odd
> occaision where I have sent large attachments and they have been okay
> with the moderators. It's best on a wiki page, though.

Ok, I will attach the svgs on my personal wiki page.

>> Also, what about the preferences-system-1 (the wrench with a
>> screwdriver). Is it
>> suitable for gnome-settings? Is it ok?
>
> I would think so, it depends on what settings that menu item actually
> configures (I use KDE so I can't remember!) If it is quite broad or
> random then that seems a good solution to me.
>
> ./b

All settings from user image, sound, peripherals, etc. to theme, font,
screen-saver, etc. At least in Fedora 6. I think it's quite broad random...

Thanks,
Martin

Attachments:
[1] preferences-system-2c16b.png