Mascot

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 14:47:39 UTC 2007

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
>> The marketing-list thread seems very focused on animals; a mascot
>> could be a character too, though, right?
>
> My vision is like this: even if we and with an animal, it has to be
> anthropomorphic so we can use it in various situations: fix servers,
> kick Clippy's behind, racing the Daemon and other funny situations.

Hehe +1, they've got to be able to do stuff.

>> They've got these cute little tofu-like characters in them that
>> represent systems. Very simple, but cute, and I think they bring a
>> friendly face to the product. I think that is kind of what we are
>> looking for, right?
>
> I think so, but with a cuter character.

Does it have to be cute? Can it be someone very smart / cool / funny but
perhaps not cute? E.g., ipod kind of has the dancing people
(http://images.google.com/images?q=ipod+people&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=5fK&um=1&sa=X&oi=images&ct=title),

I guess it might be easier to sketch some different possibilities and
send them out first :)

> A problem I see: we as a team are spread around the world, so the
> characters/mascots, TV commercials and products we see every day are not
> exactly the same so we really need to use something like youtube.

See, I don't see this as a problem at all. It's a totally sweet advantage :)

> OK, now I head to the wiki and start a page there...
+1