Bluecurve style: announcing QSimpleStyle

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 20 20:46:08 UTC 2007

Kelly wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 20, 2007 4:11 pm Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Kelly wrote:
>>> Uh... you didn't accidentally assume "I have" = "I designed", did you?
>> I actually did. That sentence is ambiguous to me.
>
> Sorry, my fault.  I didn't word it very well.
>
>>> At any rate, I meant in Fedora, because Klearlooks is the KDE equivalent
>>> of Clearlooks, which is what Fedora is using as default in GNOME.  I
>>> notice that generally, it does a good job of unifying the appearance of
>>> programs (though I am mainly a KDE user, I use GTK+ programs as well, so
>>> it's nice to have a setup like Bluecurve/QtCurve/*looks to keep the
>>> programs looking the same).
>> So the question becomes since you use that theme in KDE and use Fedora,
>> are you interested in maintaining the theme package within the Fedora
>> repository?
>
> I would, but I'm not entirely familiar with how to design RPM's.  I usually
> just use checkinstall to make packages if I have to.

If you are interested you just have to read the guidelines and submit a
draft package for review. Other more experienced packages will review
and provide feedback. Listen and adopt the package according to that and
you should be get the package into the repository in a short time. What
this requires is interest and some amount of time doing maintenance work
like responding to bug reports and keeping the package updated.

Rahul