Echo Cursors - naming spec, description, license, etc.

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Thu Mar 22 12:39:03 UTC 2007

Hi all,

as we started developing Echo Cursors I began to look around which cursors are
needed, what are their names and description, what license we should use, etc.
So I open this thread for discussion about these things.

I have found a draft cursor naming spec [1] at freedesktop.org. Please consider
it's implementation. Also I went through the /usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/cursors
folder and made a list of cursors named there [2], downloaded Bluecurve cursors
png [3] and in the list guessed which names belongs to which cursor. If you
think I joined cursor with name wrongly feel free to edit it. I attached it [2]
to EchoCursors wiki [4]. Also I updated EchoCursors wiki to show current process
and added initial to do list. Feel free to edit / comment it. About license I
propose cc-by-sa [5].

Thanks,
Martin