Echo Cursors - naming spec, description, license, etc.

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Thu Mar 22 13:26:11 UTC 2007

Nicu Buculei napsal(a):
> Don't you think it would be better to put the list as a table inside the
> wiki page (just like the table with icons) instead of an attachment?
> This way it would be easier to edit and when we have cursors they can be
> included in html for visual feed-back.
> If you insist to keep the list as an attachment, at least rename it as
> .txt, maybe this way it will have a correct MIME type and will be opened
> directly in the browser.

Well, the list is an early draft, and maybe it is incomplete/incorrect. I
consider it as a source for the table that needs to be done, as well as the
draft cursor-specs from freedesktop.org. Thanks for the suggestion about MIME
type. Fixed [1].

> Not sure about the license, we talked about licensing some time ago and
> it was not clear if CC-BY-SA is compatible with GPL.
> And be aware that anything you post on the wiki automatically fall under
> OPL - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Licenses/OPL

I also read something about it, though not in fedora case... As I went through
some currently developed projects I saw that Echo Icon Theme falls under this
license (though older version), so I though it could be the same with Echo Cursors.

Thanks,
Martin