Echo cursor theme

Ben Arnold ben.arnold.inbox at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:09:55 UTC 2007

On 22/03/07, Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> wrote:
> I think your drawings and sketches for the Echo cursors look great! I'm
> very impressed.

Thanks :)

> One thing I would suggest, though, is maybe trying to
> use some of them over a time and see how they 'feel' (does that make
> sense?) Sometimes with graphics like these that are always visible on
> the desktop, it's hard to tell without *using* them how well they work.
> Does it sound like a good idea that we can try some of the new cursors
> to see how they feel?

That's very true. I find working on paper first gives a bit of
breathing space for when it comes to making them digitally. It's about
getting the balence right which isn't helped by having a white piece
of paper and a bluey/grey/black/white/nearly-everything desktop!

> I think for us to test the echo cursors we would have to build them with
> a tool called xcursorgen:
>
> http://www.xfree86.org/current/xcursorgen.1.html

Might have a play with that sometime, thanks for the info.

./b
--
       ..// seawolf //..
          Ben  Arnold