Echo musings

Ben Arnold ben.arnold.inbox at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 09:43:36 UTC 2007

On 30/03/07, Luya Tshimbalanga <luya_tfz at thefinalzone.com> wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > I am running the latest Rawhide and had the following observations about
> > the Echo theme icons:
> >
> > * The angle of the icons makes some of them difficult to visually
> > distinguish properly, especially with a bright blue emblem in front of a
> > gray icon.  Examples include the music file icon and the presentation
> > icon, even at the size seen by default on the desktop.  I also wonder
> > whether for some of these icons the backing "document" icon is really
> > necessary.  For instance, the video media files appear as a film reel,
> > which is very sensible, so I wonder why the music files shouldn't simply
> > appear as musical notes or similar.
> >
> Could you provide images that can be submitted on wiki to see the
> problem?For me, it is very hard to analyze the issue without image.

I see your point, it does ask why for one and not the other. I think
the reasonsing behind this was the film reel was very grey, so
thiswould be hard to distinguish between the page and film. It is
possible to use a page with just the film strip (photo negative style)
against the page.

I belive the page means "document" or "file" as opposed to it just
being the application. I suppose the only time one would see the
actual files is inside a file manager or browser box but I feel there
is still the need to show it is a file.

Video file:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/EchoDevelopment?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=video-x-genericL.png

Sound file: