Fedora 7 CD Labels & Covers

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Fri May 25 14:56:44 UTC 2007

Nicu Buculei wrote:

> Ops! I caught you... :p The embedded bitmap is watermarked :D

Which the screenshot? Hehehe :)

>> The fonts used (besides the logo of course) are all Liberation Sans
>> with some Inkscape-rounded-stroke trickery.
>
> I know I am nitpicking and Bitstream Vera fonts are free, but you used
> Libertine on the banner and Bistream Vera on the CD (and yes, one can
> see thisonly looking at the source).

UGH! I keep having this issue with Liberation Sans in Inkscape. I pick
Liberation Sans, and it definitely LOOKS like Liberation sans, but then
it somehow switches itself to Bitstream Vera or Luxi Sans when I copy it
(in the font dropdown! It's the weirdest, most annoying thing!)

I don't get what's going on there. I will have to pay more attention to
the SVG output and edit by hand.

>> What do y'all think, is this the right direction? Anyone want to grab
>> the source file and have at it?
>
> Ignore my whining above, I like your design very much. Just consider the
> legal disclaimer will be much longer, probably 4 rows (based on the
> previous designs).

lol, yep, I was too lazy to copy it in,w

> And how about using white for the "Live CD x86" text? I find that more
> readable on the dark background.

+1. Also, the larger balloon on the left looks like someone got hungry
and took a bite out of its left side, so that needs some touching up,
and I think the clouds could be tweaked to look a little nicer.