Fedora 7 CD Labels & Covers

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri May 25 20:49:07 UTC 2007

Le vendredi 25 mai 2007 à 16:19 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 22:19 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> > > This is indeed a valid point, and you should have mentioned that concern
> > > in your first mail.
> >
> > I though I did. "they lack extended glyph coverage". Maybe too technical
> > for every reader on this list but certainly not too technical for you.
>
> I might have picked it up, but you muddied the waters with a reference
> to default fonts...

So? Are you suggesting it would be a good thing if CD/DVD look diverged
significantly from the Fedora desktop ones? We sync the sleeve
decorations and colours with the release default background. Why should
we not sync the sleeve fonts with the default desktop fonts? Fonts
contribute to the theming too.

Moreover the desktop and art team have mostly the same font constraints
(put FLOSS projects first, provide readable text to the same users with
the same langages & scripts, etc). So distribution font choices are
certainly relevant to the art team.

--
Nicolas Mailhot