Fedora 7 CD Labels & Covers

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Sat May 26 09:07:41 UTC 2007

Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
> (As an aside, how is URW U001 [1] in terms of glyph coverage? Is that
> another option?)

Hmm... I think I missed the footnote? Which one is URW U001? All URW fonts I
tried never extended much beyond Latin characters, central European extensions
to it (e.g. ščř) and punctuation... Nearly no Greek glyphs available. It's a
pity since URW fonts are one of the best looking fonts I ever used (in
documents, not on screen). DejaVu has quite good coverage, though for using
Japanese I still need a separate font, but I guess, we will see some time in the
future nearly-full Unicode coverage in DejaVu. About Liberation Fonts... hmm...
I tried serif, but didn't like it much... for me it has too thin characters (the
whole characters, not strokes)...