Icon theme for ubuntu

Luya Tshimbalanga luya_tfz at thefinalzone.com
Wed Nov 21 20:10:16 UTC 2007

David Nielsen a écrit :
> On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 08:13 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 13:39 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
>>
>>> I think it's not hard to create professional looking icon theme.
>>> Try Echo with Infinity theme - this is proffesional? I don't think so.
>>>
>> If it is not hard, why do you do it and come back when you have
>> something to show ?
>>

> yum install tango-icon-theme, there's something to show.
>
> Shall I start filing bugs on all the components in Fedora that currently
> does not accept an easy theme change such as rhgb, gdm, anaconda and so
> on (preferredly something like replacing the fedora-artwork package or a
> similar option). I believe that was the proposed solution we got from
> the art team the last time, yet no work has gone into enabling said
> choice of the user. A choice which will be needed since echo has poor
> accessibility - However this was claimed as not being a target (a
> complete understandable and acceptable design decision if it wasn't for
> the fact that the aim is to be our default iconset), despite the rest of
> the distro aiming for good defaults for handicapped people. Advancements
> such as PolicyKit are being integrate which will enable using a screen
> reader on applications which would normally not work, a specific goal on
> moral grounds as pointed out by davidz in his linux.conf.au 2007 talk
> "Gluing a desktop and a kernel together[1].

It would be nice to see the list of problem instead of having to guess.
For artist point of  view, it is very hard to design a theme to please
everybody (it will never happen and it does take a miracle to pull that
off).

If the problem is about colours blindness, maybe a black and white icon
themes similar to XO laptop would provide an alternative or use only
plain texts to interact.

We can have an endless debate about having the best icon theme for a
while. At the end, it comes to choose the theme suitable for individual.

Luya