start the process for F9 theming?

Jack Badger angazi2181 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 03:10:30 UTC 2007

Wow, so you wanted an "alive" theme eh. sounds like sort of what i was going on about now dont it? 3D anyone?

yea extra prelims sound like a good plan to me, although i havent been in on all this that long, thats always a god idea, even if it does puch your schedule back.> Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 00:01:38 -0300> From: svbrand at alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl> To: fedora-art-list at redhat.com> Subject: Re: start the process for F9 theming?> > Mark wrote:> > 2007/11/27, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>:> >> The schedule for the F9 release is published [2], I think the time to> >> start the process for its graphics, so I created the placeholder wiki> >> page [1] (dates are marked as TBD, they will be defined by Mo, probably> >> counting the F9 release schedule and the winter holidays).> >>> >> What do you think about the 3 round process based on the past> >> experience? Do it need modifications, improvements? There were some> >> ideas for an additional preliminary round.> >>> >> So talk in this thread about the process and in new threads about> >> theming proposals.> > > > Wouldn't it be better if Fedora 9 was not getting a new theme but just> > a refined Fedora 8 theme? meaning that the F8 theme is everywhere in> > F9 (including KDE) instead of just having another theme that is> > (again) for gnome only?> > That sounds interesting enough to launch it to discussion.> > Now personally I thing we should give a step forward from the theme from> Fedora 8 and not re-used and improve, cause people don't see all the> work they just look at the first windows and get, sometimes, the last> impression they will alway get from the art in the release "it was the> same last time". Fedora is well known for being fast paced and> innovative so if we want to fallow that spirit I thing we should move> forward.> > I would love to see a theme with something that was somewath alive, the> theme could be something like "breath", "keep going" or "live", I'll> work a bit in "breath" when I have time, if anyone likes any idea feel> free to take it and develop it.> > > So no new theme! just improve the current theme and let it pop up in> > all the splash screens (openoffice, gimp ect..)> > > Greetings> > > -- > Sven von Brand Laredo> Estudiante de Ing. Civil Informatica, UTFSM> Fedora Ambassador for Chile> Coordinador Ciclo Charlas Tecnicas, DI, UTFSM> > _______________________________________________> Fedora-art-list mailing list> Fedora-art-list at redhat.com> http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
What are you waiting for? Join Lavalife FREE
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30288&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Join_free_OCT07&_m=EXT