distrowatch review

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Tue Nov 13 00:55:42 UTC 2007

Hi all!
Stumbled upon a review of Fedora7 on distrowatch.

"With every new Fedora release, the team puts together a new look and
feel. I like the new look; however, I still wonder why Fedora has to use
the classic icon theme for many applications (e.g. Evolution,
OpenOffice.org) they have been using for what seems like forever. In my
opinion Fedora has used it for too long. For me it is as ugly now as it
was when it first came out."

Seems the last bits of Bluecurve needs to be cleaned out, as it sticks
out as a sore thumb. Did we make any progress on mizmo's icon report a
while back?
Should I open bugs regarding those issues?

"The other parts of the look and feel (e.g. boot splash, GDM theme,
desktop wallpaper) look very nice and professionally designed.
Personally I think that the look and feel of Fedora 7 was the best theme
of any distribution I've ever tested. However, the theme for Fedora 8 is
very nice because it provides a nice professional look that adds to the
desktop without distracting the user."

Good work everyone!
- Andreas