echo-icon-theme package maintainership

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Tue Oct 2 21:29:37 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 22:44 +0200, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Quoting Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com>:
>
> > It is encouraging to see that you seem to be back to making Echo a great
> > icon theme. I wonder if we can arrange for someone who is actively
> > involved in the echo effort to take over maintenance of the
> > echo-icon-theme package, and build regular snapshots.
>

> Having at least two maintainers would be logical. I think I can still make
> snapshot as build 0.3.x. Martin should be the primary maintainer given his
> intense effort of making wiki page and reworking most of icons.

I am for the maintenance by me and you as well. But winter semester just
started so I'll slow down with my contributions (not as much time). Oh
and I think, if you are going to make new package based on the latest
icons, disable the SVGs - they eat too much cpu time, especially in gtk
file dialogs (where are usually many 16x16 icons).