remote background

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Oct 8 08:34:30 UTC 2007

Rogue wrote:
> 2. We have a background application that connects to a particular site
> and keeps pulling down new images from there and then replaces this
> pre-defined image?
>
> Wouldn't the above work? Talking about RSS feeds for images, I am not
> sure there are sites out there that do this.

http://art.gnome.org/backgrounds is one example, anything powered by
ccHost (used at Open Clip Art Library), also Flickr, PicasaWeb or
DeviantArt.

The RSS feeds would allow you to use things like: the latest background
created by my favorite artist or my friend, the best rated image, the
most viewed and so on.