Fedora Art Spin Update (Nicu Buculei)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Oct 9 06:57:17 UTC 2007

Hi John, long time no see!

John Baer wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 12:00 -0400, Nicu wrote:
>> I have one question: what is *Art*? The spin will focus on graphics
>> or
>> on art in general (including audio and video tools)?
>
> Just in case you have not seen this.
>
> http://linux.startcom.org/
>
> It looks like a multimedia version of Red Hat.

I know there are lots of RHEL rebuilds, each with its own focus, and
also a lot of Fedora derivatives, but we are trying to do here [1] is an
*official* spin of Fedora geared for Art (thus my wuestion about what is
art).

[1] - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/ArtTeamProjects/FedoraArtStudio

BTW, this is not my concern, but I suspect StartCom is using the Red Hat
trademark in some ways Red Hat is not happy with...