Idea for future releases

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Oct 25 06:24:47 UTC 2007

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> If I were going suggest some initial constraints.  I wouldn't
> constrain artist style too heavily, but I would suggest using the
> thematic elements to emphasis a feature focus for that release. Now

Agreed. In fact at the start of the F8 cycle I said something like that,
with the feature being Iced Tea, but didn't follow it with any graphics.

> that we are grinding out information as to features in a transparent
> feature process, perhaps the art group can use that information for
> thematic focus.    Sort of like how design firms match artistic
> elements to important product characteristics. For each Fedora release
> going forward, the important 'sellable' characteristics are going to
> be in the feature process for that release.

I planned to talk about this myself but wanted to wait a few weeks so we
cool down after the release and start thinking forward.
How about the feature outlined in F9 being multimedia/music? CodecBuddy
will mature a bit until then, PulseAudio the same, we certainly will
have some improvements in Rhythmbox and Totem, who knows what other
improvements (I hope too much in a Pitivi able to do *something*), more
integration from Planet CCRMA, maybe the Art Studio spin...