Comment on Nodoka

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 31 01:10:41 UTC 2007

Hi

http://blogs.gnome.org/thos/2007/10/30/fedora-8-in-less-than-9-days/

"Sorry about this one, but it’s possibly a little pet peeve. The new
GTK+ theme in Fedora 8 is not to my liking at all. It is clearly
unfinished (progress bars for example) and the gradients on the buttons
look (to me) like blisters on human skin. Not only does it look bad, but
I seriously doubt the code quality is as good as the engines in the
gtk-engines module. There are a lot of very important things to consider
when writing a GTK+ engine, as it will be running on every single GTK+
application. Just look at the number of bug reports and issues
associated with Ubuntu’s “Ubuntulooks” engine as an example of what can
go wrong (and the original Clearlooks had it’s fair share of very nasty
bugs too). The engines in gtk-engines are rigorously tested and very
well maintained, so I really don’t see any advantage in using yet
another theme engine."

Rahul